top of page

Internal Cleaning

When you are working as an internal cleaner, then you need to be aware of the risks that you face and the potential problems that you are exposed to.

Whether you work in a domestic setting or in a commercial environment, the risks are similar and the potential for claims equally so.

Leaving floor surfaces wet and unsigned can lead to slips and trips from your customers, members of the public, but also yourselves and this can lead to some pretty severe injuries.

We don't see that many of these types of claims in the domestic setting but they are all too common in commercial premises where there are hard polished floors and lots of footfall.

A more common issue for domestic cleaners is scratching and damaging work surfaces and floors and of course shrinking and discolouring carpets and soft furnishings.

The need for specialist insurance protection then becomes very important. You will need to have the cover that provides for "damage to property worked on" which is the cover you need when you damage something you are cleaning, and you will also need "treatment risks" cover which is the protection from claims caused by chemicals or cleaning solutions.

GLEAMING INSURANCE specialise in this type of insurance, we only work with cleaning contractors and so we offer both these covers, and we do it with the lowest excess in the market.

If you would like a quotation then simply visit our website for more details.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Gleaming Insurance
bottom of page